Thread: Trouble with private messages

Default Trouble with private messages

I sent a private message to another user, but it doesn't show up in my sent folder. Am I doing it wrong?

Nope, your doing it right.

Because we are limited to no more than 50 stored PMs the default settings are set so that nothing is automatically saved - or you could imagine just how quickly your PM boxes would be choker full.

The setting can be changed in Settings/General Settings and is controlled by all the radio buttons immediately below the Messaging and Notification settings that you were adjusting earlier today.

You can if you wish set "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" to 'on' but if you do that you will have to constantly delete things if you are not to end up with a full PM box. Its easier just to tick the "Save a copy of this message" option at the bottom of an individual message before sending it if you particularly want to keep a record of it.

Experienced members will usually quote your original message in their reply, so that you know what they are responding to, but when you are sending a message to a new member you might want to keep a copy of the sent message, just in case they don't quote you back.

Its not like using email - because it isn't email.

Setting changed. Thank you!