Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Worlds Atlas example

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Default My Worlds Atlas example

Well seems im the second one working on an atlas of a world, you have already seen a WIP example of a city im working on (out of 23 different city maps). here is an example of one map of of 29 (for a single continent) im currently working on. in total there should be over 400 map pages since each of these regional maps are two A3 pages. besides the maps there are illustrations for various things (and text, so far ive got 100k raw words).

Here is a WIP at 25%, hope you like it, no names yet for any of the settlements as this particular continent has 7 language sub-families of which 3 have fully functional main languages with a vocabuary each of 1500 words. the whole world has another 10 language families of which only 4 have functional main languages (although there is a basic grammar for all language families). thus far there only 16 functional scrips. and there is much, much more already developed outside of languages and cartography.

nation 1-12-223.png

I really like this, it shows the massive scope of the world I think. I cant wait to see more. Thanks for posting this

Impressive scope, and a well executed stlye.
    The one thing that doesn't quite fit are the shields. They are brighter (and a different shade) than the base paper... something rather difficult to achive with traditional ways of either printing or painting.

Oh thank you guys!

Looks and sounds interesting! Tell us more about this world!

Also, if you're willing, show us a map in better resolution (even if you have to link to it on deviant-art or something similar). I am always interested to see the finer details of a map.

Looking forward to more...
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Really really awesome! My favorite part is the text in the crest, very simple yet attractive conlang; hope the rest of the written languages are that cool.

I really want to show so much ive done but i dont want to jeopardise the creation process and final effect of revealing all at once. so unsure what i can do to share more.

Here are some jet to be colour corrected illustrations (astronomy and religion). Im hoping to make this into a book (I hope).

TEST.JPG

You will have to forgive our curiosity. We like to see work in progress and understand how things are made. Its beneficial both ways, since you get to know if something looks a tiny bit wrong before it gets to be too much hard work to go back and mend it.

But in the end we all do whatever we feel most comfortable doing

Yes you are quite right Mouse and I will post alot more, forgive me if all is not cartography.

An example of the range of working languages scripts (All constructed to fit their specific languge family rules and/or sound ranges, none of them are a simple susbstitution alphabet, many are not even alphabets. i am struggling with two pictographic/ideographic scripts atm).

text.png

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast