Hello all!

I would like to start by saying I myself am not a cartographer by any means. I have a vivid imagination when it comes to describing in detail a D&D world and its boundaries, topography, etc., but the artist in me is filled with rigid geometric shapes and black & white.

I have instead joined this group to further two of my own goals. First and foremost, I am here as a historical researcher, and I've run into some spatial cognition troubles with my thesis, especially concerning army movements and relative borders in 10th century Germany. Therefore, I'll be posting in one of the forums to find someone to work with (hire would be a stretch...I'm still a student after all).

Second, I'm here as a DM and a creator of a fantasy setting based on D&D 3.5 rules- including its own world. I have also been working on-and-off on a sci-fi setting loosely based on D20 Modern, including new ways to look at the 'planes' presented in D&D 3.5- as planets or solar systems themselves. For this aspect of my hobbies, I'd love to work with someone to create a workable map of my world, and perhaps a 'galactic' map.