Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov '17 OUT OF Lite Challenge: Banned Island

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    As I was wiping away the drool from looking at your map, I noticed that you have a small typo. Up in the box on the upper right you have "obcurred".

Again, truly an amazing map. Thank you for sharing it with us!

-IG
    Thanks a lot... I noticed the typo the moment I finished uploading it here....

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks a lot... I noticed the typo the moment I finished uploading it here....
    That only happens every single time I upload a map.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's a beauty Joel and I'll express a different opinion here, I'd love to see you in the voting, like I'd love to see how ChickPea's map would be faring.

On another topic, really glad you're getting better even if the pain's still there
    Thanks a lot... but the rules are he rules and I'm completely OK with that... no problem...

I choose to sort of take part in this challenge to have constraints of time and subject, not to take part in the vote...
    With the pain and the time going so slow, I needed something to make me think and draw, otherwise I think I'll turn crazy...

I'm really glad you like the map... as I like yours... writing in this forum with an IPad is a real (and another) pain..... so I'm not writing a lot, but I do a lot of reading and admiring : your map is gorgeous with its bright colors and hard contrast. It has a lot of character !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's a beauty Joel and I'll express a different opinion here, I'd love to see you in the voting, like I'd love to see how ChickPea's map would be faring.

On another topic, really glad you're getting better even if the pain's still there
    Thanks a lot... but the rules are he rules and I'm completely OK with that... no problem...

I choose to sort of take part in this challenge to have constraints of time and subject, not to take part in the vote...
    With the pain and the time going so slow, I needed something to make me think and draw, otherwise I think I'll turn crazy...

I'm really glad you like the map... as I like yours... writing in this forum with an IPad is a real (and another) pain..... so I'm not writing a lot, but I do a lot of reading and admiring : your map is gorgeous with its bright colors and hard contrast. It has a lot of character !

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    You did a great job with all the lines and the frame! To draw straight lines at a certain angle, I use grids I have in a folder and import as I need one.
    Another tip is when you draw a straight line, tap your screen with another finger (from the other hand is better ). It will force angles by 15° I think.
    For the magic wand, I use the selection tool on automatic on the main form layer then go on each layer I need to erase something.
    Despite all the mistakes only you know about, I'm very found of your map. It's the kind of map you can find in a cartography book.
    Ouh là !!!!! Good tricks there !

I have to try that at once !

For the straight line, I didn’ Know ! But for the selection, I could never succeed in selecting a specific zone on my ink layer... I'll try harder !

Edit : just tried your tips.... excellent ! Yet I know the usual « RTFM » but I didn’t read it close enough (and I'm waiting for the new edition of the manual, since the update, with all the new functions) My life is better, now... thanks !
    Last edited by - JO -; 11-14-2017 at 11:28 AM.

De rien
    For filling a layer, I often use the reference layer option. It allows to fill other layers with the ink on the "reference" layer. Means you can fill different areas on different layers with only one "ink" layer.
    J'espère être assez clair

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    De rien
    For filling a layer, I often use the reference layer option. It allows to fill other layers with the ink on the "reference" layer. Means you can fill different areas on different layers with only one "ink" layer.
    J'espère être assez clair
    Oui c'est clair. I used the reference layer too, but I had troubles selecting an area... and now, thanks to you, I don’t anymore !

Great map Jo. The authentic feeling of it is reinforce with the Celtic choice of your labeling, I like it and the level line you use is a good inspiration for me. Your map is marvelous and this challenge is really exciting, lot of good work there.

An excellent nautical map JO. Were you in the Swiss Navy?

It's very well done, very authentic looking. 'Obcurred' isn't the only typo - in the unzoomed area of that inset it says 'Obsxurred'. But then I bet if I looked closely at any printed map I'd find one or two mistakes. In fact maybe it's a deliberate mistake to catch people copying from you

Epic and inspiring, JO!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast