Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov '17 OUT OF Lite Challenge: Banned Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As I was wiping away the drool from looking at your map, I noticed that you have a small typo. Up in the box on the upper right you have "obcurred".

Again, truly an amazing map. Thank you for sharing it with us!

-IG

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    As I was wiping away the drool from looking at your map, I noticed that you have a small typo. Up in the box on the upper right you have "obcurred".

Again, truly an amazing map. Thank you for sharing it with us!

-IG
    Thanks a lot... I noticed the typo the moment I finished uploading it here....

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks a lot... I noticed the typo the moment I finished uploading it here....
    That only happens every single time I upload a map.

It's a beauty Joel and I'll express a different opinion here, I'd love to see you in the voting, like I'd love to see how ChickPea's map would be faring.

On another topic, really glad you're getting better even if the pain's still there

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's a beauty Joel and I'll express a different opinion here, I'd love to see you in the voting, like I'd love to see how ChickPea's map would be faring.

On another topic, really glad you're getting better even if the pain's still there
    Thanks a lot... but the rules are he rules and I'm completely OK with that... no problem...

I choose to sort of take part in this challenge to have constraints of time and subject, not to take part in the vote...
    With the pain and the time going so slow, I needed something to make me think and draw, otherwise I think I'll turn crazy...

I'm really glad you like the map... as I like yours... writing in this forum with an IPad is a real (and another) pain..... so I'm not writing a lot, but I do a lot of reading and admiring : your map is gorgeous with its bright colors and hard contrast. It has a lot of character !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post

Thanks a lot... but the rules are he rules and I'm completely OK with that... no problem...

I choose to sort of take part in this challenge to have constraints of time and subject, not to take part in the vote...
    With the pain and the time going so slow, I needed something to make me think and draw, otherwise I think I'll turn crazy...

I'm really glad you like the map... as I like yours... writing in this forum with an IPad is a real (and another) pain..... so I'm not writing a lot, but I do a lot of reading and admiring : your map is gorgeous with its bright colors and hard contrast. It has a lot of character !

Great map Jo. The authentic feeling of it is reinforce with the Celtic choice of your labeling, I like it and the level line you use is a good inspiration for me. Your map is marvelous and this challenge is really exciting, lot of good work there.

An excellent nautical map JO. Were you in the Swiss Navy?

It's very well done, very authentic looking. 'Obcurred' isn't the only typo - in the unzoomed area of that inset it says 'Obsxurred'. But then I bet if I looked closely at any printed map I'd find one or two mistakes. In fact maybe it's a deliberate mistake to catch people copying from you

Epic and inspiring, JO!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Blog Entries

Yeah - really really nice map ! Everything about it is very well done.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast