View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Hola! I think I read through fairly carefully, but I just want to make sure I get the sinkhole thing right before I start. Is the central lake a sinkhole, so there won't be cliffs really? Like, if you're walking, you're good, and then next step you're 100 feet down and swimming? Or more like, you're walking, you're good, and then you're stumbling down a steep cliff towards the water below?

I guess a simpler way of putting it would be, are buildings next to the sinkhole lake on a steep slope, or on flat ground next to a sheer drop?

Thanks! Sorry for confusion

Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    An american football field is 360 feet long by 160 feet wide.
    A baseball diamond is well, that is somewhat more problematic...
    the infield is a square turned up like a diamond and is 90 feet on each edge.
    then there's more to the field... see all that here.

But, might be easiest to go with one main field style.
    Whichever you choose.
    Thank you! I'll probably make it big enough for American Football, but I'll leave the marking out so that people can use their imaginations to see the game they desire

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Hola! I think I read through fairly carefully, but I just want to make sure I get the sinkhole thing right before I start. Is the central lake a sinkhole, so there won't be cliffs really? Like, if you're walking, you're good, and then next step you're 100 feet down and swimming? Or more like, you're walking, you're good, and then you're stumbling down a steep cliff towards the water below?

I guess a simpler way of putting it would be, are buildings next to the sinkhole lake on a steep slope, or on flat ground next to a sheer drop?

Thanks! Sorry for confusion

Meshon
    Here's a little image I made to convey what I had been thinking.
    That said... your area was more like the ground had slowly collapsed into the sinkhole and it is more gradual of a descent, except over near your border with section 9... which is still steep and high.
    Does that make sense?

Cricket needs at least 450' diameter with a minimum of 210' and a maximum of 270' from the centre of the pitch. It doesn't have to be circular though.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

That said... your area was more like the ground had slowly collapsed into the sinkhole and it is more gradual of a descent, except over near your border with section 9... which is still steep and high.
    Does that make sense?
    Perfect. Absolutely perfect! That actually helps solidify what I've had swirling around in my head since I went and asked myself, "What is this district about, and what does it do?" Thanks very much!

cheers,
    Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Cricket needs at least 450' diameter with a minimum of 210' and a maximum of 270' from the centre of the pitch. It doesn't have to be circular though.
    Sorry! I can just about fit a football sized stadium in my patch and still have room for a tavern and a densely packed but reasonably well-to-do residential area, that trails of to being a little less prestigious further away from the waterfront

Here's a fun little diversion...
    Here's the sketch, on 4 pieces of paper, that was the starting point for this city.
    The sketch.jpg

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

This original document must at once go the archives of the city and be preserved at all cost !

Absolutely...

ummm... does anyone know where we keep the archives around here?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Here's a fun little diversion...
    Here's the sketch, on 4 pieces of paper, that was the starting point for this city.
    That is an interesting configuration of paper. I have to ask, did the idea start on a smaller scale and the fit the paper to the inflated scale? Or did you start with one piece of paper and it just grew out of necessity from there?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast