Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: WIP : Haerlech

Those details are fabulous. The labeling really adds to it, and that is a lot of labeling.... I love it!

You know what would suck even more, if you found your notebook right after you finished the new labeling.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Fantastic! I love all the details.
    Thanks Clercon
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Those details are fabulous. The labeling really adds to it, and that is a lot of labeling.... I love it!

You know what would suck even more, if you found your notebook right after you finished the new labeling.
    Thanks Josiah. It is indeed a lot of labels. I've been at it for hours now and I'm still not done.
    Haha, yes, that would totally happen to me. Probably will.

So here's a crop of the labeling so far.
    This is going to be difficult to post the final image, as the file size is so big.
    Well, I'll deal with that when I get there, I guess.
    This just shows what all I've been doing for this weekend.
    I've changed the labels from straight horizontal to angled in relation to the buildings they indicate.
    Once all the labeling is done, I have to write out the little back story.
    Haerlech layout test 02c_06--test3crop.jpg

By the way - I had to save this at quality 8 just to get it small enough to post, which I'm not thrilled about.

I'm trying a new way to do my roads.
    I wanted to make it distinguishable that one road name ends and another begins.
    Not sure whether I love it or hate it. I've been looking at this map too long.
    The roads are going to make this take another day or so sadly.
    But hey, it's pretty close.
    Haerlech layout test 02c_06--test4crop.jpg

Yeah, I like that road concept. I liked it when I saw it sketched in further up too.

I'm excited to see this finished, because every time I look at it, I'm struck anew by how utterly amazing a piece of art this is!!

That's a big fat oopsie with the notebook! I think Josiah's nailed it. As soon as you finish the map, you'll find the damn thing (I'm absolutely not speaking from experience here!!)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'm excited to see this finished, because every time I look at it, I'm struck anew by how utterly amazing a piece of art this is!!
    I totally agree, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm in awe every time I see it. I can't stop staring at it!

I couldn't help but noticing .. at Crab Launch, where do the boats come from? Is there a boathouse somewhere near or do they have to carry the boats all the way through town?

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Wait what! You're doing your anniversary map, landmasses for everybody, AND working on this one? Insanity! The labelling looks great though I find that font a bit hard to read, because of the archaic shapes of some of the letters. Really like the road style.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    The labelling looks great though I find that font a bit hard to read, because of the archaic shapes of some of the letters.
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention that in my post.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Yeah, I like that road concept. I liked it when I saw it sketched in further up too.
    Cool. That helps me decide. I was on the fence with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post

That's a big fat oopsie with the notebook! I think Josiah's nailed it. As soon as you finish the map, you'll find the damn thing (I'm absolutely not speaking from experience here!!)
    Yeah, it probably will happen too. I had said before - I'm good at bad timing.
    I totally agree, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm in awe every time I see it. I can't stop staring at it!

I couldn't help but noticing .. at Crab Launch, where do the boats come from? Is there a boathouse somewhere near or do they have to carry the boats all the way through town?
    Ah, you all keep me on my toes... there should be a boat house... but there isn't.
    Maybe they line them up along the the south port road area... like flipped upside down or something.
    I just can't think of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Wait what! You're doing your anniversary map, landmasses for everybody, AND working on this one? Insanity! The labelling looks great though I find that font a bit hard to read, because of the archaic shapes of some of the letters. Really like the road style.
    Haha, yes. As well as all my freelance work too. I got lots of things going on all the time.
    I was concerned about that - but now there are so many labels that it just isn't going to change.
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention that in my post.
    See above... too many to change it now.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    See above... too many to change it now.
    I thought you could just select all the font layers and change all the font like that.. But I guess you'd probably have to reposition and stuff. No matter, it still looks amazing.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast