Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Elyden

It is...
    And it is looking fabulous !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I am simply in awe, vorropohaiah, of the care and detail and scope of this project - and your commitment to putting in the work to get it this far. Kudos to you, man. Kudos.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

I hope one day (probably no less than 10 years from now) I will be able to make something at least distantly similar to this masterpiece!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Thanks for the comments everyone! they're keeping me sane while I continue working on the large map. It's tedious work

Sorry, an English usage quibble, but one important to artists: a "collage" is a piece of artwork made from several different types of materials. This is a "montage", which is the combination of several different pictures into one; and a very good one, at that!
    Selden

That looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by selden View Post
    Sorry, an English usage quibble, but one important to artists: a "collage" is a piece of artwork made from several different types of materials. This is a "montage", which is the combination of several different pictures into one; and a very good one, at that!
    you're right. I originally referred to that map as a mosaic, which is even worse! I just thought of something quickly before saving it and just stuck with that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by HadrianVI View Post
    That looks amazing!
    thanks!

I've been making slow progress on the poster map as I continue finishing regional maps to finish off the entire area. I've been tracing over the past roads and icons, making slight changes to take into account the size of the map (roads are wider than the regional maps as otherwise they would get lost amid the map). I've decided to be frugal with labels, restricting myself to things like nation names and capitals, seas, major geographical features, important cities and similar things, so most of the smaller towns, whilst having icons, wont be named - there's just no room!

page effects.jpg

Here's the 3 latest maps collected here in the Atlas thread:

Tartak low-res.jpg Andiluth and Trakia - low-res.jpg Sagittaria & Erebeth low-res.jpg

work on the large poster map continues slowly - its a bitch getting all those icons and roads done, but I think I'm getting close to the halfway mark now. Then comes the much harder task of labelling. There's no way I can fit all the labels on the map so ill likely omit the smaller settlements where space doesn't permit

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

That's an insane amount of work ! But I'm very glad to see the whole map, it's a fascinating place, with so much different and interesting geography ! you want to visit all of them !
    So, Congratulations for the work done, and I wish you a lot of courage for all the work you want to add to this huge and beautiful atlas !

I still have no idea how you do this. Its amazing

That big map is just spectacular!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast