Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

I would like a little island, maybe a city state or a handful of towns and villages. I still haven't got the hang of digital mapping, so something unconnected would make my paper easier to reconcile with the rest of it. Thanks for setting this all up J!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi I also would love to join with a coastal region or larger Island somewhere. Maybe a dessert or dry area?

Quote Originally Posted by a.coldyham View Post
    I would like a little island, maybe a city state or a handful of towns and villages. I still haven't got the hang of digital mapping, so something unconnected would make my paper easier to reconcile with the rest of it. Thanks for setting this all up J!
    No problem A.C
    I'll draw up an island realm for you.
    We'll worry about where it goes later.
    Look for that in, maybe an hour or so?
    I'll post that to page 1 of this thread.

Edit - I posted a special island for you to map.
    It's off the shore of my country Nahadua.
    You will want to double or triple the size of it to be able to really map it well.
    I added the scale so you'd see the smaller size.
    Any questions - just ask one of your local neighbor countries and we'll help out.
    Here's where you're located on the world map.
    Guild World Map base - numbered countries 12 crop1.jpg
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-07-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Hi I also would love to join with a coastal region or larger Island somewhere. Maybe a dessert or dry area?
    Schwarzkreuz - Your country is #49.
    I'll have that posted on page 1 of this thread, toward the bottom.
    Glad to have you in it.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-07-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Very nice, I like that.

Can I get 51, or something close to it? I really like the shape of the landmass over there.
    I look forward to starting on it

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    Can I get 51, or something close to it? I really like the shape of the landmass over there.
    I look forward to starting on it
    eViLe_eAgLe - I think we can accommodate that request.
    I'll post your country on page 1 of this thread in just a moment.
    There's a scale on page 1 of this thread as well as the main map, showing who your neighbors are.

Edit - just posted it.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-08-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Just an open question to everyone, I'm loving reading everyone's countries' backstories and mythology and everything, but how is everyone incorporating it into their maps? Or are you just including it on the side in addition to the map? I'm planning on including some illustrations and stuff, but I'm not sure if I should include blocks of text or something as well? Because worldbuilding is really fun and I'm looking forward to including more about my country and its mythology and reading more of everyone else's.

Redrobes, Diamond, Robbie and I were just discussing the whole project a bit yesterday.
    I think if the motivation and will to continue is here, we will keep this going as long as it keeps running with activity.
    We will likely have to make a closing date for new lands, at least new continent sized lands.
    But bringing new people in to map other facets of the world - cities and other such things - would be encouraged, by me at least.
    The idea being that people may want to dig deeper into their country, its history, beliefs, myths, legends, etc.
    I know Diamond and I were each planning to do more with our countries as time went on.
    I'd still like to get a decent world map compiled in a reasonable amount of time, but that's just one facet of the whole project.

I wanted to do a map with little story bits on the map as well.
    Snippets of historical text about this area or that island.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast