Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Nice work! That looks great.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Nice tower, mouser I see details within and everything!

Thanks ChickPea and Pixie

I think Voolf is going to be cross with me, though, for not even trying to draw it by hand!

I'm not keen on the thick black lines around the edges of everything with Sketchup. You can turn the lines off - the ones that outline everything like you usually see in a Sketchup render, but you can't get rid of that outside line that goes around everything. Think that might be a finishing job in GIMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks ChickPea and Pixie

I think Voolf is going to be cross with me, though, for not even trying to draw it by hand!

I'm not keen on the thick black lines around the edges of everything with Sketchup. You can turn the lines off - the ones that outline everything like you usually see in a Sketchup render, but you can't get rid of that outside line that goes around everything. Think that might be a finishing job in GIMP
    Unless they've changed something, you should be able to turn all lines off
    In my version of SketchUp.. it is View > Edge Style > then uncheck edges and profiles.
    Clipboard01.jpg
    Then you should have no lines.

Thanks for trying to solve it for me, John, but I've already tried that and its not working for me (software always seems to do odd or unexpected things on my machine, so its no surprise). I still get these lines around the outside, which are thicker than ever.

Sketchup shot.JPG

I think Voolf is going to be cross with me, though, for not even trying to draw it by hand
    I won't force you to do anything, i just wanted to emphasize Pixie's words, because i believe they are true and we tend to underestimate ourselfs often.

Noooo - my bad! That really came out very wrong.

I'm sorry, Voolf - my bad.

As I wrote it I was thinking about all the advice and support you'd given me to draw it myself, and feeling guilty about heading directly for an easier solution.

It's ok you dont have to apologize, i am not mad at all

Edit. But in reality i am already packing my bags and coming to you to Dorset, you better start drawing before i come !!!!

LOL! I have a pen in my hand right now! Honest... Really.... Mouse honour

Thanks for trying to solve it for me, John, but I've already tried that and its not working for me (software always seems to do odd or unexpected things on my machine, so its no surprise). I still get these lines around the outside, which are thicker than ever.

Sketchup shot.JPG
    Yes - you have 'Profile' checked.
    You need to click the 'Profile' box so it is unchecked.
    What you are seeing there, the thick lines - those are profile lines.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast