Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethran: Merelan City

Thanks for the answer Mouse.
    I've waited for minutes (not seconds) to get a feedback from the program and most of the times it crashed (of course with actual hardware by this time). I will give the new version a try. Thanks.

You're welcome

Depending on how long ago you last tried CC3, you may be pleasantly surprised by the sheer amount of extra graphics you can download and use in CC3+ nowadays (all free) - the Vintyri Cartographic Collection, and Bogies Mapping Objects are both available as separate downloads. On top of that, any png image can be turned into a symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    is CC3+ much more superior concerning speed than CC3? I've worked with around 50 layers on a city map and when turning on the effects it was a PITA.
    Gruß Gott nach Dortmund!

CC3+ is much faster than CC3, but it still is not a fast program. It's slow compared to The GIMP or Fractal Mapper 8 and faster than Dundjinni if DJ is working with large objects. Based upon your descriptions of your past experiences, I would guess that CC3+ will irritate you a lot less than CC3 when it comes to speed but that it probably still will irritate you now and then.

Servus aus Middlfranggn!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Its all relative Mark. My answer was an honest one for the question that was asked - the difference between CC3 and CC3+. Yes, it does take 5 seconds to react to zoom, but I have yet to hear of a CC3/CC3+ map that uses quite as many Sheets and Effects as I do with MC - a situation I ended up with because of the 7 sets of 5 sheets I use to generate each tier of the island, before anything else like the water, and the relief shading is even considered.

Besdies I really like what I'm managing to do with CC3+ (I'm only a 'reasonable' artist and have only ever sold one painting in my entire 50 years of life), Right now, I'm trying to finish the first of 5 novels, and can't afford the time to learn how to use yet another software package. I also already have all the conflicting mental instruction sets from at least 6 very divergent packages floating around in my head. It sometimes cause errors when working in just one of them when I'm very tired - Bryce, Vue, Blender, Truspace, CorelDraw, CorelPaint, Fractal Terrains 3, CC3, CC3+... etc etc! I actually caught myself trying to rotate this 2D scene as you would a 3D Blender world the other night. Time to go to bed! LOL

I think CC3+ does a really good job, considering it only uses half my very averge laptop's processing power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its all relative Mark.
    Hmmm. I didn't think I was disagreeing with you, just adding my own observations.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

And I didn't realise that what I said could be interpreted that way. I'm sorry

Personally I blame biker boy downstairs from me, who doesn't see why he shouldn't wake the entire block of flats every morning at 5 am, and the fact that I'm a night owl; working best after 10 pm. Those two things mean I average about 3-4 hours sleep a night.

In other words - I probably misinterpreted what you said, and then babbled on in the wrong direction

Again - I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-08-2016 at 06:42 AM. Reason: More appropriate smileys

Guild Adept

Really great work! and thank for the step by step!

Thank you Akae

Are you going to start a few new threads in the "Finished Maps" forum? It would be a shame for no one to be able to give you quite a lot of justly deserved praise (and rep - those green bars we have below our names) for all the extraordinarily beautiful work I have seen you upload to your albums this morning

EDIT: Please do not worry about your English. If I can understand it, then anyone can, and you will find that many other members are bi, tri, or even multi-lingual, so if you wanted to you could carry on at least part of a conversation in French, or German (as just two examples) if you so wished
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-08-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Guild Adept

You are amazing Mouse!!! Thanks!!!

Heeey. I haven't done anything! What did I do? Just said a few things.

Your maps are what did it.

Happy mapping, Akae

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast