Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2017 Challenge: The Story of Golthra and Iriana

Thank you, Storm

I'll bear that in mind

I'm not so sure I will finish the map in time. There's still a lot to be done, and I have lots of appointments to go to this week!

Thanks Kier

They turned out better than I thought they would. I just have to finish them without wrecking what I've already done

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is looking fantastic, Mousie! I can't properly express how impressed I am not only with the artistic talent that you displayed when you joined the Guild, but how much you've grown (exponentially!) since then. Really amazing, actually.

That perspective/bird's eye view is really well-done; the illusion is pretty seamless. And don't stress too much if you don't finish it - it is, after all, not the end of the world. I don't know if I'll finish either, so you might have company...

Aaaaw.... thank you, D

I spent too long faffing around with improving the text and making clan name ribbons for the shields last night to show very much progress today, but I am still aiming to finish in time. Its just that I'm not that confident I'm actually going to make it after stalling the project the way I did for nearly a week when I lost my way.

Yours is looking super-fantastic, and what's more is a useful campaign starter. You can't not finish it now!

Mouse this is insane! One moment there were just a few mountain sketches then I turn my back for five minutes and you've stuck in a whole range, beautifully painted and in brilliant perspective

I'd look out though, I think one of the rivals have lit a fire on your canvas

LOL! Thank you, Straf

I think I might have set fire to it myself by mistake with the welding torch I was using to insta-dry the paint.

Mouse ... your map is beautifull and you must finish it in time. This perspective is awesome. Love it .

Aw thank you, Warlin

Its so nice to have you around again. I was really disappointed when you said you were pulling out of the challenge. There are still 7 1/2 days to go, you know? *Mouse smiles hopefully*

The perspective in my map is totally skewed. Its not really an accurate example of any particular type of perspective at all. I didn't use a grid, and now I'm thinking that I maybe should have done. Detailing the mountains is proving to be a major headache, since they are the major tool of the transition illusion. It may well be that I will have to be fairly minimalistic with the final level of detail on those mountains, since the more I add, the more I get that strange 'warpy' feeling that's normally associated with looking at drawings of the impossible triangle

Well, its a bit disappointing (not very much actual progress) but I've worked at the clan ribbons for the shields, redesigned the rivers (shown rough and rather pixelated), redesigned the mountains just a bit, and started detailing the closer ones. The detail will gradually diminish into the distance, so its not as much work to do the rest as it looks like it might be from the tiny bit I've done.

I've also struggled with the text readability - making it as large as possible for the space available, and playing with the colours and the glow until it felt better than before.

### Latest WIP ###
    Golthra and Iriana 21.jpg

Apart from all the stuff I haven't finished yet I need to add the forests, the roads, more cities/towns, and work on the far background.

And... sorry Jo... I tried enlarging the city texture but it just didn't work all that well. If I have time I will draw the cities by hand.

I wouldn't call this disappointing, I would call it beautiful! From the colors and textures to the perspective, to the emblems, I would say this is truly a work of art.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Haha, yeah. What ladiestorm said, very much so. Nice work, Mouse!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast