Thread: Strange Fantasy Map Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks!!

I think I have the shape of the coastline down, and I've roughed in the mountain peaklines, which will provide about half of the definition for the shapes. The rest will be done with forests, rivers, deserts, etc.

The really thick peaklines will just be higher mountains, except for the areas that are totally filled in which will become mesas.

It's actually quite liberating to put stuff in where it looks cool rather than obsessing over plate tectonics and weather patterns. I'm having a blast with this, I'm glad I took it on
    Last edited by Gidde; 09-24-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    It's actually quite liberating to put stuff in where it looks cool rather than obsessing over plate tectonics and weather patterns. I'm having a blast with this, I'm glad I took it on
    And thats why this is going to look so dang cool when you're done. I already love it.

The maps you have the most fun making always turn out the best

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Wow!! That looks great. It is coming along really nicely. The tree for wildland looks great and I still love the fire for Holocaust. I have a few questions though. Some of the places have become very hard to see (mostly Delusia and Serpantia). At a later stage are you going to put borders around the nations so it is easier to see where they are? Also you talked mesas. I love the idea (never had any in my games) but I am not sure what you mean totally filled in. Could you point out where the mesas are? Last question, for unearthed, I noticed it was black around the rocks, but then it is bordered by blue. Are you setting it up so there is like a river or lake between Unearthed and the other nations? Either way works, I just need to make sure I note it for my game.

Again, it looks wonderful. Thanks so much. Can't wait to see the next stage.