Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
Superb map... as usual.
I love everything: the choice of colours, the quality of the line, the ways of representing the forests, the mountains, the sea. Really superb because it's simple, beautiful and very attractive to the eye.
But I think it's starting to annoy me : I look at your maps carefully and it looks so easy to do... then I try to do the same thing and the result is nowhere near the quality of your work. That's when you realise the value of your talent and all the work you've put in to achieve such a result!
Thank you JO. I guess the answer could go both ways.
It seems easy to do and some parts really are. However, it is really hard to copy some art, if one does not know exact colors, layers blend, brushes etc.
We all have different "pen draw-flow" so to speak and draw stokes differently too.
The smallest difference shows instantly. A pro artists can most likely come pretty close in a first go when copying someone's style, but those who learn need to experiment more.
I do not know your process, but I would suggest to try things differently from time to time and see the effects.
You may think you fail one time after another. but in actuality you are learning what works and what not and moving forward.
The crucial part is actually remembering what was not working and avoid that. When the outcome is not desired, people often discard whole process, whilst there was a lesson or two to be learned.
Anyway keep at it. Your recent maps are really a huge step forward and look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
Beautiful, as always! I love the dark tone of the sea, and the constellations are a nice touch!

As a side note, you seem to have a typo in your signature (missing a T in "insagram")
Thank you Kell.
Typo is my second name,
Corrected.