In order to have this be a complete scenario, I will need to create the surface "false" temple. And to do that, I need to have some idea of what it will look like. Fortunately, I have already noted down some lore for that!

Skalgar is god of what might be termed "creative destruction" (or "destructive creation"). Skalgar is seen in the volcanic eruption that leaves newly-fertile land (or new land along a coast), the fire the cleans out old growth for new, the storm that carries needed rain (though it give in excess), the wars which unify scattered villages into a people. If Skalgar's worshipers were more advanced, they would see him in surgery, plant grafting, and scientific dissections.

Skalgar is usually portrayed as having the head of a snake, the body of an island panther, great feathered wings, and the tail of a scorpion. While details of worship vary widely, the most common offerings to this fierce-looking deity are fruits and flowers. This is not to say that there are not more bloody rites practiced by more violent followers. These, however, are typically isolated tribes or warlike traditionalists.

Even the more bloody sects decorate their temples with plants and musical devices, with wind chimes and bells being the most common.

The only sign that this might not be a normal temple of Skalgar is that while the main representations of the god match the most common form cited above, a knowledgeable person may identify various less-common forms of Skalgar amid the smaller carvings: a shark-headed man with a barbed spear; a bat-winged, serpent-headed ape; a lizard with the head of an antlered cat, and a fiery frog with hooves and a serpent for a tongue. The followers of Ylendrid could not resist exploring this rich variety of images.

The Fergillund temple plan is a squared "U" shape, with a main statue in the open central area, multiple decorative spires, and housing for priests and temple functionaries taking up the wings. Construction is almost always of stone, though a few wooden examples have been found in regions where Fergill tribes had plentiful timber and lacked decent quarries.