Quote Originally Posted by Silky Johnson View Post
OWM is a combination of raster and vector based systems. I want to say you can import/export the maps into other raster editors but I am not sure what that would look like. I have no opinion of OWM except that the colors look a bit funny to me. Like maybe a blending thing, hence the additional software.
Yeah, the colors are a bit weird because right now it only allows you to blend with opacity and to colorize raster elements with a couple of more options, instead of the 15-20 blending modes many photo editing raster programs provide. That's the one thing about it that forces me to go work in another program to get the results I want. Otherwise it's quite nice. But yeah, you can take your file and work on top in a raster program, but you could do that with CC3 too. You can't keep the layers intact, I don't think. It does let you import GIS data, a niche need but definitely interesting, and I like how easy it is to load with raster elements / my own textures, I just wish I had several more blending modes for when I add textures to things. You could save multiple layers to put together in a raster program of your choice, though. I've done that.

Wonderdraft maps do have a specific look to them but it's a cheap program, I haven't tried it, I assume it's similar to OWM but without the vector based elements that make OWM ultimately more powerful from my perspective, which is why I got it instead of Wonderdraft. Both of them seem far more intuitive than CC3, which some people love but I feel like it's less of the instant map kit that you're hoping for, compared to the other two you listed.

I totally recommend a tablet. Every one I've ever had has served me well and none of them have broken before I upgraded to a bigger tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
I'd like to do more with Ai - some of the things you can do with it blow my mind but in some respects it's harder/more work than Ps.
I would say in almost all respects it's harder than PS. I've left Adobe products behind but they're industry standard. I did request a couple of things in the Affinity forum that would make their software better for mapping. As it stands, I did try Illustrator CC and was impressed by how it's improved.