Thread: Guild World Universalis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AzureWings View Post
    The Photoshop plugin probably just needs you to select the right settings to save it with then for the DDS (ARGB 8.8.8.8 with no mipmaps if my research was correct), and I'd guess you're probably already doing that so the dds format part is probably working right (though I'm not sure on all the particulars of how exactly the data in the dds file needs to be).

Regarding trade nodes - although I haven't dived in to attempt any serious mods for EUIV, I've planned one at one point, and the rule I used for trade nodes was to place the 'sinks'/end nodes at the location of preeminent mercantile capitals - that somewhat mirrors how they're placed to represent things in vanilla (Venice, Antwerp, etc) but unlike vanilla you don't need to put all the sinks in the same continental vicinity. The trade system will favor some countries yes, but if you spread out where the trade flow trends towards you can probably at least avoid favoring a single region of the world as blatantly.

Making custom events from the ground up could take a while and be tedious but I imagine it would personalize a total conversion mod to whatever world it was for very nicely.
    After testing, the problem is not the dds. I did a small modification on the vanilla one to see and it loaded without problem.

Custom events such as the Cheese War?
    The leading producer of dairy products goes into a trade war with another country. Then the Cheese war event fires. Major cheese producers have the opportunity to join the war on one side of the other. Will they try to break to unjust cheese monopoly by joining the challenger or will they enforce the existing international trade laws with the leading country (having the possibility to increasing their share of this lucrative market) ?

Some casus belli (like trade conflict) are completely useless but the Cheese war would be a special conflict.
    It could include the dismantle empire peace offer from Victoria 2. That was cruel.

On an other note, I've found that there is no need to create new continent if getting rid of the existing ones is going to be a load of problems (missing references).
    I can just go in the localization and change the names to anything I want : and that is what it looks like, not impressive

eu4_9.png

Guild world continents don't have names yet but for the moment, they will have these names. We can change how they appear in the localization later.

continents copie.jpg

Shireland is New Zealand in a parallel universe.
    Last edited by Azélor; 04-30-2018 at 11:35 PM.