Thread: [country] The Moonwheel Islands & The Salt Web

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

A brief update after a week of trying to figure out how to draw classic Asian looking mountains. These are nowhere near as consistent or artistic as I wanted but I think this might be where I stop on Asian mountains for now. A future map will hopefully advance my skills here.

This isn't the final for how I put all the mountain ranges together. I am not happy with how the ranges look so on a future version I will be re-working how I put the individuals together but I haven't figured out how to make it look good yet so that will have to wait until after I add the rivers and lakes.

Finished: Asian Mountain brush style version1
    Next: adding the Rivers and Lakes

MoonWheel-Islands-Trial-Country.jpg

I have also been spending some time developing the lore as I read some fascinating books recently. I highly recommend The Stars are Legion by Hurley for any sci-fi fans as a side note.

Here are some Moonwheel Salt and Mineral Trading Company historical legends. This is the type of display that would be in the museum in the Moonwheel Zoo in Guild World. As a note any references to being "the first" are specific to the region.
    While Pomo Kine was the first navigator from my lands to circumnavigate the globe of Guildworld he wouldn't have been the first in the world's history as I am imagining this newer continent to be "younger" than the Old World of lands 1-40

Moonwheel-Historical-Legends.jpg
    Last edited by Southern Crane; 01-06-2018 at 11:21 PM.