Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
Right, so I've finally gotten at least a piece of Eocidar into a more-or-less finished state. I should probably mention that I've basically overhauled most of the elevation map from what I had back in February when I made that ill-advised statement that "it will done soon".

I might post something about the geologic features underlying the sub-continent at a later point, but since I'm feeling a bit lazy that will have to wait. However, here's the elevation map for the sub-continent of Akanrias, the southernmost of the three pieces that make up the continent as a whole. I should note that the bathymetry is pretty rough at this point, since the focus is on the topography, and there will probably be some changes to some of the continents and the associated tectonic features (exact location of the ridges and what-not). I've shelved that update for a later date though, for the moment I'm just focusing on this particular continent. So, here's the map:

Akanrias.png

Within the global map, here's the location and size of the area depicted here:

Aduhr V.png

And finally, for purposes of comparison, a map of the Earth using the same elevation scheme and intervals (this is generated from the ETOPO1 global relief model, using the "ice surface" version, note that the glaciers are not coloured separately, but are instead regarded as part of the surface):

Earth.png

The colour scheme is still a bit WIP, though I'm pretty happy with the lower elevation levels. However, I'm not sure if the dark brown->white transition with the higher levels is all that good right now. So, any feedback on the colour scheme is appreciated.

Anyway, that's it for this update. Any comments/suggestions are welcome as usual, and I'll try to post the relevant geology and tectonics regarding Akanrias at a later date.
The world map is purely perfect and great, I can't really find anything wrong and the mountain positioning and shapes are also very good, my only nitpick, is that the coastlines seem to have a too similar fragmentation , I would eventually differentiate them according to the plaques side movement directions with areas more broken and areas less and more smooth. I am not an expert on tectonics though and I think it looks already perfect.