Thread: May/June 2017 Lite challenge: Scribble Rock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm glowing! Thanks Josiah!

Now to let you down in your estimation of me just a bit... or even rather a lot!

I used CC3+ exclusively up to about 7 versions ago. After that the background parts (the sea and the land - including the paths) have been re-drawn in GIMP based on the CC3 original. The houses, trees, boats, pier - all the rest of the details are still CC3, though. The GIMP background is imported into CC3 and the whole lot rendered from there, so its a true hybrid.

This is the GIMP background on its own
    SCRIBBLE ROCK.JPG

In truth I could have done the whole thing in CC3, but it would have taken far longer to get the exact nuances of five layers of shading (with different blend modes on each) and two layers of highlighting completely and utterly correct and in order, and I would probably not have finished in time.

EDIT: equally, I could not have drawn the lighthouse, the buildings and all the other things in GIMP half as quickly as just pasting them down in CC3+. Gimp doesn't have the facility to be able to shade rooftops according to a global sun, whereas CC3+ does.
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-09-2017 at 11:05 AM.