Thread: Let's share our hate of forests

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey thomrey

Would it work to do a small patch of trees (or several varying small patches to use in combination), where the trees each individually had their own white background, but the rest was transparent so as not to hide other features? that might disappear between the trees?

It would be half way between drawing them and creating an actual texture... but I can do that for you if you like? A repeating texture that you could presumably trim to size and tidy up around the edges?

I would need you to draw a patch of trees, then I could work with Genetica or Krita to create a seamless texture of a reasonable size, so that redundancy wouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: If you wanted to make a seamless texture of your own that you could just trim to size all by yourself, Krita has an outstanding ability to tile an image. It will even draw the texture 'live' for you on screen in real time - drawing all the copies right across the infinite grid as you draw your single tree, and allowing you to draw trees that overlap the edges - repeating the relevant part on the opposite side of the canvas.
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 06:31 AM.