Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another update:

I figured out how to clip the imported raster image, and as a result was able to further make the model more "realistic". Here's the final landscape of the planet during the supercontinent phase, 150 mya:
    image_150.00Ma.jpeg

This will definitely make it possible to shape the continental crust in a more "realistic" fashion. Also, I think I'll slightly rework the "tip" of Akanrias, as I am a bit unsatisfied with that particular area, and this gives a nice excuse to adjust the shape.

Also, I realised that GPlates is an excellent way to track "hotspot trails" and added some on the map. This should be useful in reorienting some island chains that I envisioned to be formed via this manner to reflect the plate movements. Here's an image of the planet 50 mya, with most of the hot spots highlighted in red:
    image_50.00Ma.jpeg

And the present day situation (the hotspots are not highlighted in this, but should be pretty easy to spot in most cases):
    image_0.00Ma.jpeg

Once I've updated the map with these slight changes, I'll make a new effort at drawing the present day tectonic boundaries.

EDIT: The attached thumbnail is a slightly outdated version of the 50 mya map, please ignore it. I'm too much of a newbie here to know how to remove a thumbnail .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Charerg; 10-02-2015 at 11:10 AM.