• I like it

12 40.00%
  • It's not for me

18 60.00%

Thread: Sword of truth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I wouldn't mind doing a map based on a book; though we've had contests like that before, I'm always up for another one... But I can't see doing one based on Goodkind's 'novels'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    I'd rather drown in a puddle...
    That's pretty much the way I feel about Goodkind. The guy is a misogynistic hack.

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    I didn't pick up The Dark Tower until the last one was out for this reason. <grumble grumble>
    Are you sorry you read past 'Wizard and Glass'? I know I am...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's pretty much the way I feel about Goodkind. The guy is a misogynistic hack.
    That's pretty much what I had heard, and what 99% of online reviewers thinks about him. I was beginning to doubt my own memory though due to the disproportionate amount of fans in this thread.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I too voted no as I've not read any of his work, and agree that it is probably best to have a more open/flexible challenge to draw more people in. Heck, even this month's lite challenge, which is pretty open, has turned me off, simply because I've never done a city-scale map before.

Sorry, this IS getting off topic, but...

Jaxilon - I ended up trying the first of the Wind On Fire series. I read a few chapters and just couldn't get into it. I know you recommended them really highly, so I ask your advice: do I just need to push through for another chapter or two, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Are you sorry you read past 'Wizard and Glass'? I know I am...
    Hah, I know what you mean, but I am glad I finished it. I thought the 'ending' was more appropriate and satisfying than most people seem to, but you're right that the last three books dropped remarkably in quality and became painfully self-indulgent. I won't mention any details for fear of spoilers but for goodness sakes, get over yourself, King.