Thread: Coppernight Hold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Halls of Ancestors

This is the first post from "The Hall of Ancestors" map. I find out that it's coming out quite faster than my other map and I'm happy with that.

I did the general layout of the room, chose what kind of colors I wanted my map to have and did some of the shadows.
    In the southernmost part of the room should be some stairs which are supposed to be coming from the surface.I'm still playing about how to make them look good.I'm thinking of applying a gradient to make them go from dark to light but I have no idea on how to do that. I think I saw a tut the other day on gradients, I'll try to find it.And after the gradient to put some burn on the edges of the stairs to form shadows to show that they are stairs and not just one slope(pretty much, like I did in the earlier map but not so standing out).
    Also those anybody have any idea where I can find a statue of a dwarf warrior in top-down view because I don't think that I'm going to be able to make one that looks nice.

The Hall of Ancestors phase 4.jpg

Edit: For some reason the grid does not look correctly in the post. Just ignore that and go to full-size where it looks right.
    Edit: I have to make a door at the top part of the map too.
    Last edited by Avengeil; 09-09-2010 at 10:01 AM.