Thread: [Award Winner] Fastest town in the west

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good stuff, man. Once you get used to the process and memorize it then it can take 5 minutes to do by hand or you could turn it into an action (after roads are drawn) and have it take 30 seconds. Here's what I'm currently working based on this tut, the only thing that I drew were the road structure, and I used the Pen tool to help me there, and the river...everything else is automated. This one isn't nearly as fast because I'm trying to emulate a hand draw look without drawing anything so I'm experimenting a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nice. Love the sketchy look you've got for the road border.
    M

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Good stuff, man. Once you get used to the process and memorize it then it can take 5 minutes to do by hand or you could turn it into an action (after roads are drawn) and have it take 30 seconds. Here's what I'm currently working based on this tut, the only thing that I drew were the road structure, and I used the Pen tool to help me there, and the river...everything else is automated. This one isn't nearly as fast because I'm trying to emulate a hand draw look without drawing anything so I'm experimenting a lot.
    I am brand new here... but I gotta ask, how did you do those buildings? Thats my biggest issue right now are buildings (are they a brush?). Also, the border for the roads and streets... ?