Thread: July Entry: The Fairy Necklaces Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post July Entry: The Fairy Necklaces Map

okay, so i got excited about this one, and thought about all the fairy tales i ever liked, played around with a few ideas but nothing really gave me any kind of enthusiasm. then i came upon a book my sister had called "The complete book of flower fairies" by Cicely Mary Barker. In this book was a short tale called "The Fairy Necklaces." This tale is about a young girl who wishes for treasure so her mother doesn't have to work for the bad people in the Great House and a couple of fairies that grant her wish with a gift of 365 necklaces. i'm not sure if you can find it on the net, but it truly is a charming tale and i found it had a lot of good locations that would look great on a map.

i tried to use as many colors from the pictures of the book as i could, created a pallete based on them and went to town. here's the first result. if anyone has any other ideas, let me know. i'm thinking of adding a couple of extra things onto the area known as fairy home, but i haven't decided what yet. the only thing that's bothering me is the background color and the house colors.
    anyway, let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images