Hi,
I am trying to create a Pen/Paper or may be Table Top Game. I am looking for some advice.
My game will be a mixture of Total War Games, Paradox and Civilization Games . I have created a fictional world map based on real life geography, climate, vegetation etc. I want the game to begin on a randomly but logically selected location on the map where the first city of the first civilization will begin. A Universal Calendar called "Age Of Men - AOM" will begin from the foundation of the Civilization.For example my fictional map has a river that flows for some 3000 miles from mountain ranges located in the 60* North Latitude to its delta in the temperate regions in the south. The first city might be built there. However what I need help about is how to organize the game play. Like:
How the Climate,Terrain,Vegetation,Resources,Buildings and Units will affect the Game?
Climate: Temperate regions will give +4 Bonus for Food? Arctic regions will give -2 for Food?
Terrain: Plains will allow for the construction of Buildings such as Farm? Mountains can build Mines instead?
Vegetation: Desert gives a -2 Attrition to invading Army. Grassland allows +2 Movement speed to Armies?
Resource: Gold will give +10 Wealth to a region while Elephant will allow the recruitment of Elephant units in the army?
Building: A Palace increases Prestige Level which decrease the chance of Revolt but a Barrack is needed to recruit Soldier?
Unit: A Cavalry unit will get +2 Fighting Power while fighting in Plains or Grassland but will get -1 Fighting Power in a Forest or Mountain.

How to design a Map accordingly? How to show Provinces with all this elements? Any advise or suggestion will be welcome?