Thread: August/September 2017 Challenge: Darkwood Harbour

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Since one of your chosen themes is the isometric one, I'd stick with the new isometric buildings to reinforce that part of it. They look pretty cool.

Even though this is a 2 month 'Diamond special', you will find time slipping past quite quickly, so even if you aren't completely satisfied with the ocean part of it, why not get a head start on the forests and buildings and revisit the ocean later? Having it 3/4 done half way through is a huge boost - as opposed to only having done the ocean at the half way mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I completely agree with Mouse - I've found it's better to get a huge chunk of the whole project done, even if everything isn't completely perfect, and then have all that time left to go back and tweak things. It's a big morale booster for sure.
    Advice taken! Thanks you two.

Okay, the textures is on the back burner then, and so I moved on to the important stuff. The campaign starter buildings and my trader hub buildings. It took me most of the day, but, it was fun nonetheless. Better to get the hard stuff out of the way first. (This is just a few of the buildings I worked on today.)

The weird building at the bottom is for the time being a Hunters Lodge, where they used the extremely hard carapace of a giant worm to make the building. Then at the top is what I hope to be my campaign starter building. So I hope it was worth the effort.

NOTHING is positioned as it will be, the current placement of the buildings is just proof of concept.

### Latest WIP ###
    Darkwood_Campaign Starter buildings_byOmri.jpeg
    Last edited by XCali; 08-10-2017 at 08:12 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19