Thread: [WIP] A new Talisman style fantasy board game...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] A new Talisman style fantasy board game...

I've been fooling around with ideas and after several pages worth of rules and just over 200 cards completed (only 10 have art) I set out to create a board map. This game would be similar to Talisman, up to 4 players can take turns rolling dice, moving around the map and drawing, from a single deck, cards that fall into several categories:

Item
    Spell
    Enemy
    Event
    Tile
    Quest
    Companion

There is leveling and item management involved to empower your character. Though there are three possible victory conditions the ultimate goal is to defeat the blight dragon that nests in the center of the map. As the game progresses the tiles change their properties as more and more cards are drawn and their effects are released upon the board (tile cards in particular).

Note that this is purely conceptual at this point. All I have are cards with text (empty area for art), this map, and several pages worth of rules. Somewhere in that back of my head is the idea that after much more refining and redoing what I have a time over or two, I may seek out some programming skills to bring this thing to life. I like the idea of digital board gaming and I sense I distinct lack of games to satisfy the RPG adventurer in many of us.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nick B; 03-25-2015 at 01:31 PM.