Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Mountain of Rasgar

Guild Expert

It looks wonderfull Domino! I love the magical feeling that’s coming through with the stars in the backround, I would go a touch darker on that part just to make them pop out a bit more but it looks great as it is. I think this is one of my favourites in the challenge, I really love the concept here... And I’m with ladiestorm on the waterfalls, it would be a nice touch to see them spilling over onto the bottom part.

Yes, I found the forest really nice too.

What is the red in the background? Is it a galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Looking good! I especially love the color variations in the sky! I do have one question, and this is just a curiosity... looking at the vegetation down below, at the base of the mountain... is it my imagination, or am I seeing faces in there? Love the waterfalls! Any chance one of them might spill over and down the rest of the mountain? If not, I certainly understand
    Thanks storm, and yes you do see faces I will play around with some of the water spilling over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It looks wonderfull Domino! I love the magical feeling that’s coming through with the stars in the backround, I would go a touch darker on that part just to make them pop out a bit more but it looks great as it is. I think this is one of my favourites in the challenge, I really love the concept here... And I’m with ladiestorm on the waterfalls, it would be a nice touch to see them spilling over onto the bottom part.
    Thank you Kacey! I think darkening the sky would work better, thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Yes, I found the forest really nice too.

What is the red in the background? Is it a galaxy?
    Thank you Azélor! The red in the background is a galaxy The L Storm galaxy. It's named after Ladiestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Thanks Bogie! It doesn't have to be literal. I was thinking you could be an eye inside a triangle, if you want something specific let me know!
    I was just joking about a Bogie Constellation, but now that does sound cool! Three stars in a triangle with a few others making an eye shape in the middle, interesting!

Or you could use the real Eye Nebula in the center.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eye-Nebula.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	113660
    Last edited by Bogie; 02-20-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I was just joking about a Bogie Constellation, but now that does sound cool! Three stars in a triangle with a few others making an eye shape in the middle, interesting!

Or you could use the real Eye Nebula in the center.

Name:	Eye-Nebula.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	113660
    I really like the idea of the nebula in your Constellation, I will add that later.

I haven't been able to work a lot on this the last few days because I'm working on another project. I added more water falling over the bottom mountain (per requests), some of the constellations and night sky elements, labels, and some corner decorations.

Again everyone participating in this challenge is going to get their own constellation, nebula, star, or cluster. If anyone that I haven't added yet has any requests feel free to give them to me!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Floating mountain6.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	6.39 MB 
ID:	113699

whoa, I was just looking at this closer and realized a bunch of cool details (faces in the forest...shivers). Also, thanks for giving me a constellation, that's awesome. And Jester is correct.

By the way, I think this really really looks like an album cover and the labels are the songs. Nailed it!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Awww... my own perfect cluster, looking like a starry bee(e) swarm ! Thanks so much, Domino !!

'love what you did with the color here by the way, and love the 'dreamy spirit' you have for the whole map

Very nice , Very Fable style , inspiring and mesmerizing.

Yes, it's a very poetic piece. I love the... feeling it inspires me.

ahhhh… the L Storm Galaxy, and you made it purple, which is my favorite color!!!! That is soooo cool! Laugdenor's Tower has such a beautiful view! I absolutely LOVE the constellations!!! A great way to commemorate this challenge!

I do have one more suggestion... and it's basically another one of my stray thoughts. Maybe add some more depth to the mountain itself, with varying shades of brown? To make it earthier, maybe a little less rocky. And perhaps a little more greenery on the floating part of the mountain, so that the garden has something to blend into, maybe.

Okay, that's two suggestions... but this is such a fantastic map, it keeps setting my imagination wild!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast