Long-time listener, first-time caller here! This is a regional map of an archipelago in my TTRPG setting, which will serve as the foundation for a couple of informational maps (e.g. geopolitical, navigational hazards) for both myself and my players. Started out with graphite pencils/Pigma Micron ink pens on some nice rough sketch paper, and the scanned and touched up in GIMP.

However, I'm stuck on the finishing:

1. At minimum, I'd like to include a title and compass rose, but am not sure what the ideal composition would look like including these. My best attempt is included in the image, but I can't shake the feeling it could be improved.

2. This map was created for the characters in-game by an NPC, so I would like to include a sort of cartographer's signature or similar. Should that go under the title or off to the side?

3. Currently the map is frameless but I think it could be improved by a frame or the like. What would be a good approach to keep a somewhat lightweight feel but add a layer of polish?

4. Much of the large landmass in the upper right is scrubby coast transitioning to thick jungle. I'm experimenting with some subtle "watercolor-esque" brushes to suggest this terrain, but since the focus of this map is the archipelago itself, perhaps it's best to leave it clean?

Thanks for your expertise!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elos_BladedIsles_mark1.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	7.58 MB 
ID:	137572